Hey there! It's my birth month, yay! This is the first time I'm counting the days before my birthday. Excited yarn? Hahaha. I have personal reasons, and I want to celebrate my birthday, I know it deserves to be celebrated. :D
I titled this blog "Gotta Make Things Happen" since I reminisce about my Tumblr account and how meaningful it is way back. I'm no longer active on Tumblr, but I recall it was my first safe space where I could share my thoughts and things I loved when I was a kid, and up until now, I know I'm still making things happen. I made things happen and will continue to make things happen with God's grace.
So my birthday is coming up, and I want to list below things where I felt that "I made things happen" since this year started.
- Watching movies alone. (alone at cinemas, alone at cinemas until the mall closes, lol)
- Teach college students. I have the opportunity to be a part-time IT lecturer. It's demanding, given my schedule, but I'm having fun, and that's what counts.
- Self-love! Lots of self-love this year, I think that it's too much already, Hahaha
- Going out a lot. Like a lot, a lot.
- Share biggest secrets and realizations with my friends.
- Accepting and facing my breakouts. This will always be a major thing for me because I did not expect this to happen, huhu
- Wear shorts/skirt. It might be amusing for you, but I've been shorts/skirt deprived for so long, haha
- Take care of a cat. Meet my baby @hellotorchy on IG, the cutest cat in the world for me. :)
- I'm resuming my graduate studies. I'm almost there and will finish it no matter how difficult it might get.
- Eat healthier, but chocolate is life.
- I've learned to let go.
- I've learned to keep things slowly. I have mentioned this in my previous blogs a lot, and this will always be my favorite takeaway.
- I've learned to drive an automatic car. Though, I still need more time to practice, but this is one skill I've learned this year, and I'm proud of it.
- "Any and every day is a comedy with you." My favorite lyrics of the song titled Comedy by Gen Hoshino. This song speaks to me in so many ways and somehow reminds me that I can make things happen. Best Anime Ending of the year!
- I've established a mindset that I can depend on myself. I mostly do crazy things that produce silly results, and I'm okay with that. Being self-reliant is a good thing, but it's still okay to ask for help.
- "And now this three remain: faith, hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is Love." I've understood the real meaning of Love in 1 Corinthians 13
- I'm back to being expressive with what I feel. Emotions are important. I've always been expressive, but I somehow lost that the past years.
It's still 2022, and I'm gotta make things happen! 🙏