Hey, you! I hope you're feeling good at this time of the week, accomplishing what you need to do and wrapping up your day because that's what I'm doing right now. I'm striving to write every week, and right now, I can't think of a valuable topic to convey as I only wanted to write what gratifies me to provide better insight.
I felt I'd share what's on my mind now, and that's the importance of sharing your thoughts and emotions. One thing about me is that I'm always inquisitive, especially when I find something riveting, I won't stop until I get the answers, and most of the time, I'm getting answers. Still, there are also times that I can't get answers right away no matter how hard I try, and when this happens, I try not to lock all my thoughts and emotions in a cage. Instead, I release it with someone, if I'm not comfortable I talk to God. It feels good as I don't want to carry heavy emotions all the time.
Below, I'll list things I've felt If I don't share my thoughts and emotions, particularly the destructive ones.
1. It makes me sad- who wants to be unhappy? one of my life goals is to keep my peace and happiness no matter how hard life can be. Painful feelings are partly okay, but they should be temporary.
2. It's not good for my heart- a happy heart leads to a happy life. In a TED talk, I heard that our emotions affect and change the shape of our hearts. "There is a heart disorder first recognized about two decades ago called "takotsubo cardiomyopathy," or "the broken heart syndrome," in which the heart acutely weakens in response to intense stress or grief." I don't want that to happen to my heart, I'll keep it healthy as possible :) Here's the Ted Talk link if you'd like to watch.
3. It makes me sleepy- I love to sleep. I will sleep if I'm not watching or doing anything necessary. It's nice to have a good sleep waking up feeling blessed and satisfied rather than sleeping all day, and waking up miserable because you've been carrying all these not-so-good feelings.
4. I feel that the world is against me- Yep, I felt this way before. No matter how good or intelligent you are, if what you've been probing is it's always you and the world, then release yourself from it right away and find someone with whom you can share your hefty emotions because I promise you that it will make you feel better.
5. Significant parts and events of my life are affected- In Proverbs 4:23, It says, "Be careful how you think; your thoughts shape your life." I aim to have a perspective that will lead me to greatness because my thoughts will affect my way of life. If you can't stop thinking about sad or fearful thoughts, it's now the time to share them with someone or pray to God—as per me, sharing, praying, and faith is why I can keep progressing in life.
To end this, I want to share my favorite discovery this month, which is this 16 minutes short film, now one of my favorite short films about validating someone and why is it important.